Comments

We value all feedback because it enables us to effectively evaluate and improve our service we provide for young people.

If Atkinson has been your home, or you have come to visit a friend or relative who has stayed with us, we would love to hear about your experience directly or through an advocate. We would like to know what we did well and the areas we may need to work on.

If you are a social worker (or an officer from a placing authority) who has placed a young person with us we would value your feedback too.

Share your experience by leaving a comment below for us to publish on this web page, or contact Mark Street, Quality Assurance and Compliance Manager atkinson@devon.gov.uk

If you are unhappy or have concerns with the service please write to the manager of Atkinson in the first instance. If you remain unhappy with the outcome you can contact Devon County Council’s customer service team on 0345 155 1078 or speak to Ofsted (the organisation that inspects children’s homes) on 0300 1231231.

We would of course also like to hear from you if you would like to compliment us or the service provided, as well.

Tell us what you think by leaving a comment at the bottom of the page:

7 comments on “Comments

1. Sentient Trust says:

Please pass on our sincere thanks and congratulations to all students and staff involved with producing your fantastic student council film. We showcased your film at our recent Sentient event, to a large and wide-ranging audience who were all very impressed. It gave us a much greater understanding of the many activities that students are involved with. We especially enjoyed hearing students describe some of their favourite activities and other aspects of their daily lives at school. Hearing the school described through the voice of your students was both an instructive and positive experience for everyone present. Once again, please pass on our congratulations and thanks to all involved.

2. ES, aged 15 says:

Just wanted to say thank you for everything you all did for me. I am now qualified to cut and dye hair, thanks to you. When I arrived at Atkinson I didn’t care about my future but now that’s all I think about. I wouldn’t have got my life sorted without all of your help… Thank you!

3. KE aged 15 says:

The sound of chickens woke me up at 4 this morning, but I couldn’t be annoyed – it was different to hearing cars and people and trains it was relaxing, different to the city. I lay there just listening to the pattern of the chickens each one knowing when his turn was, until silence…… one chicken had gone out of turn which confused the others so they stopped, I imagined that if they were people what there facial expression was and them arguing about doing it in the wrong order which amused me till they started again.

4. AI aged 16 says:

‘Wishing’

When life throws you lemons
    You make lemonade.
    But when life throws you painful memories
    You just wish they went away.
    Even though they scar you
    And leave a mark
    You wish you could press rewind
    And go back to the start
    When everything was fine
    And everyone was glad
    When we were a family
    But I guess it didn’t last.
    Because if everything was alright
    And I was fine
    Then I wouldn’t be here
    Wishing all the time.

5. AB aged 16 says:

‘Home’

Home is where your heart is
    You shouldn’t be locked in
    And when you need your family
    All you can do is ring.

Bronze, silver, gold
    Depends how you behave
    Even on mobility
    The outside you still crave.

All you need is freedom,
    But still that’s what they take.
    Every day is different
    But exactly the same.

The next time you feel like running away
    Take a look at this and remember what I say.
    “Listen to your parents and be home for your din.”
    Home is where your heart is
    You shouldn’t be locked in.

6. JK aged 15 says:

‘Sadness and Love’

Sadness is a deep black hole in your heart and makes tears fall
    Love is a red rose that grows in the burning sun
    Happiness is the sunlight and is shiny as the stars
    Sadness is a dark hole in your heart
    Fear is locking yourself in a dark and gloomy room with no one to talk to.

7. SH aged 17 says:

Life hasn’t all been bad but by the time I had reached my seventeenth birthday I had already suffered enough heartache to last me a lifetime.

My life at times has been a battle, a battle against myself, a battle I thought I was sure to lose. But I’m still here and fighting harder than ever.

When you’re young nobody comes up to you when you’re struggling and tells you that things get harder but you will be okay so don’t give up. You just have to keep fighting through alone. Luckily after a while of pain and loneliness I found someone who completely saved my life.